Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Day minus 7


For the next week, I offer something different each day.
It may be a song, a poem, a story.
It may be nice, it may be naughty,
it may be so sweet it will put you in a sugar coma,
but it will all have a Christmas theme.
And it will all be happily stolen from other sources.

Friday:

This Christmas song is among my favorites in the whole universe.
I first heard it Christmas 1992 at St. Mary's, where I work.
At Christmas, our local community brings carolers and hundreds of gifts for our kids.
They come from many different groups, and all are anticipated with great enthusiasm.
One group that has been coming every year since way before that Christmas of 1992

This is their 'signature' song, and it has a special place in my heart.
It's not really Christmas until I hear it,
and Stevie Wonder best emulates the way I first heard it:




No comments: