Problem diagnosed and fixed.
My friend Russ tried his different browsers, all 83 of them, and Internet Explorer was the only one that didn't work. So he asked me if I had added anything to my blog since my last post. Sure enough, I had placed a box on the right side of the page that had interesting word origins, and Internet Explorer didn't like it. Not. one. bit.
Microsoft doesn't play well with others.
I took it off, and IE has decided to be nice again and all is well with the universe.
For the time being.
You will find a link to it in the "Things you might like to look at" section.
If only a Mac wasn't so stinkin' expensive, I wouldn't even have to deal with Windows.