Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blogger Shenanigans

At first I thought that Blogger seemed to be experiencing some rather menopausal mood swing-like symptoms. I got messages from 2 people this afternoon and 1 more this evening that they could not open my this page. "Hmmmmm," I thought, "I have no idea why". I can open it fine, I opened it fine at work, My good friend Rosie opened it fine. If I think about technical difficulties with anything dealing with the computer, my brain starts to cry and eventually my head explodes.

Then I looked at my Feedjit, and noticed something. All the people who can not open my page are using . . . . . . .

INTERNET EXPLORER!


http://profy.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/images/cyndy2008/evilmicrosoft.gif

C'mon people. Don't you know that Microsoft is evil and should be sent back to the farthest reaches of the Hell that first nurtured its evil seed?
(click on that link, it is funny as all)

Use any other of the fine browsers available for free that can be found at your happy internet superstore. My other good friend Russ outlines some of them very nicely here, and also demonstrates some superior brainpower by agreeing about evils of Microsoft.

When I tried to open my page with IE, I get the same problem that people are reporting: the page opens, then when you think you are safe, a demon appears to tell you:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://reinventingaboomer.blogspot.com.
Operation aborted.

Then when you click "OK", the whole page disappears and another evil error page appears



Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage







Most likely causes:

  • You are not connected to the Internet.
  • The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.



What you can try:




Diagnose Connection Problems




More information More information

Please, Please, PLEASE, break free from the bondage of Microsoft and experience something better. Now. Before you have your bedtime glass of wine. Before you brush your teeth. Before "Survivor" is over.

Either that or be resigned to the fact that you are going to have to wear garlic and wield a silver cross when you use Internet Explorer in the future. Oh, what? That's for vampires? Same thing.

Oh, and just so you know, Corel WordPerfect is a vastly superior word processing program than Microsoft Word. There, I just had to get that off my chest.


http://blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/evil-microsoft.jpg

Oh, and Blogger tells me they will have an outage at 4:00 PST.

No comments: