Thursday, October 9, 2008

An occasional setback is okay, right?

Because I am in a bad mood today. I feel fat, dumpy, unappealing, and completely inadequate to the task. Plus, it seems like there is not enough time during the week to do this. I don't get off work until 6, and I am tired by then, but I have to get home and put something together for dinner, bike ride, shower, bed. Wah wah wah wah.



Don't you hate it when people make excuses? I did this kind of thing a lot last year with energy & enthusiasm, so there really is no good reason for my whining, but I feel like it anyway. Menopause is a bitch.

But you know what? BS could sense I was in a bad mood. Perhaps it was when I kicked a hole in the wall. Maybe the shoe through the window? I don't know, but something clued him in. So he invited me to go out with him and his friends to watch football at a sports bar type place. Lordy, I love that boy.

Damn, now I have to go do something that is physical and makes me sweat (don't I wish.....).



Later that evening.......

Okay, I feel somewhat better now. Rode the bike - not as much as I should have, but enough so that I don't feel like I am taking up someone else's precious oxygen. Endorphin is mysterious, miraculous stuff, and I recommend you partake of it as often as possible. I am now showered, jammied, and ready for bed. I even trimmed my hair, so not only did I work off about the first bite of my dinner, I am having a good hair evening now. Yay.

No comments: