Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Humbling (but not unsurprising) Lesson


I saw this coming, I really did. Basically, from Friday through this evening, whilst sailing the high seas, my training went down the toilet. In addition to my lack of physical activity since Friday, there is the gluttonous factor to consider.


(Artwork: Pieter Bruegel the Elder: The Seven Deadly Sins or the Seven Vices - Gluttony)

So when I got home this evening, I had fine intentions to go outside to ride. Got sidetracked, though, by a meaningful conversation with BS. By the time that was done, it was too dark to go outside. So I got on the stationary bike, raised the seat a little, and upped the resistance a bit. To prevent NumbButt Syndrome, I put a little pillow on the seat. Needless to say, I won't be using that wee pillow as a... well... pillow any more, if you know what I mean.

A half an hour. 30 stinkin' minutes. That's all I lasted. Dammit, it's my own fault, I know, but dammit. Did some pushups and took a shower. Now I am disgusted with myself.

No comments: