Sunday, February 22, 2009

Be careful what you wish for,

because when you get it, it might not be quite what you were hoping for. After all my griping & complaining about the lack of snow, Mother Nature found a way to rub my nose in it. Look at this picture, taken at about 5:30 pm this afternoon . . . . . . .



See those little white specks against my neighbor's house? Those are SNOWFLAKES! Real, honest-to-goodness snowflakes!

What the picture does not adequately convey are the highly incongruent blue sky, sunshine, and fluffy white clouds. Evidently one of those fluffy buggars had a wee black heart and decided to mock me by blowing a frozen fart over my house and giving us some snow for about, oh, 3 1/2 minutes.

3 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Pfft!
This is what it looked like in my front yard this morning:

http://climate.met.psu.edu/features/other/worst/Blizzard93.jpg

Kathy said...

In your dreams, liar-liar-pants-on-fire

Anonymous said...

Snow is not my favorite thing. But today was interesting...It snowed at my house for about 5 minutes. My father-in-law was visiting and told me the devil was beating his wife. He knew this because the sun was shining at the time.