Saturday, November 1, 2008

Training Update


That title is something of a misnomer. I am full of shame, Shame, SHAME.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/TheCEO/Shame-award-1.jpg

BS & I had a very nice ride and drive afterward last Sunday. Since then? Pfffft. Nada, zip, zilch, nuthin'. I continue to do a lot of walking at work, seeing as how it is a very large building, but bicycle? Nope. The guilt was gnawing and chewing at my conscience, so I got out the stationary bike this evening. You wanna know what I did? Here's how it went:
  • Get on the cycle & turn up the resistance to assuage the aforementioned conscience
  • Pedal pedal pedal
  • Hmmm, the seat seams a little high since I put the little pillow on the seat, so I have to get off and adjust the seat
  • Pedal pedal pedal
  • I'm kind of thirsty, so I have to get off and get a refreshing drink of cool water
  • Pedal pedal pedal
  • Darn, now I'm hot, so I have to get off and turn on the fan
  • Pedal pedal pedal
Do you see a pattern here? Pitiful. By the time 40 minutes had gone by, I had only gone 8 miles. But remember, that is with the resistance higher, so I didn't go as fast. Yeah, that makes up for it. I will ride for real tomorrow. Outside. On a real bike, on a real road. I promise.

There, I announced it to the world, or at least to my 2 loyal readers. Oh wait, I think I'm up to 3 now. Whoo-hoo!! So I have to do it, I must save face after my failure.

No comments: