Friday, July 3, 2009

Celebrate Freedom!

!!!HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

In spite of her problems.
In spite of her bits of history we are not proud of.
We still live in the greatest country on earth.

Happy Birthday America!



http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/news/bct/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/2008/06/wk_of_6.30_/0701Fireworks.jpg


I am really looking forward to this weekend. Really. For no other reason than I am not taking a trip and have no festivities planned. Just a weekend to relax and be with people I love. Ahhhh.

Oh, wait. Plans. This is ringing a bell. Let's see . . .

Friday - sleep late
Morning - make muffins of some kind
Afternoon - cut the grass (see, I don't mind doing this. I actually like doing this)
Evening - dinner & movie with the family.

Saturday - sleep late
(this is sounding like a hardship weekend, huh?)
Afternoon - relaxation at my mother's beach condo with friends. The one with the view. So, I'll have to look at this all afternoon. Sigh.



Evening - put on my singin' clothes & go to the beach for a concert. Not one that I am attending, one that I am performing in, with a whole lot of other people in my group, The Virginia Beach Chorale, and The Virginia Beach Symphony Orchestra, Symphonicity. But it is fun, and a huge rush to know that we will have an audience of tens of thousands. See, the concert is miked up & down the entire length of the boardwalk, so EVERYONE will hear us. Cool.

Sunday - okay, here's the thing about Sunday. It is part of the holiday weekend, but I will have to distract myself with fun stuff, because anything good I want to eat this weekend has to be done Friday or Saturday. Sunday I can only have clear liquids, because bright & early Monday morning, I am going to get a colonoscopy. Yay!

Sunday evening - stay close to my bathroom and my gentle aloe-filled moist wipes. And don't you know, I am going to be blogging about this, because it is important.

Colorectal cancer is the third most common form of cancer and the second leading cause of cancer-related death in the Western world, and it has impacted my immediate family. Yeah, I get screened. And, hopefully, Monday night I will be celebrating a clean colon with a good dinner. Yay!

No comments: