Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Heart

There's something about a mother's heart




It has magic



No matter what kind of fur we have




We love





We nurture





We guide




We protect




We endure




Even if they're not ours





Even if they aren't so pretty





We will love them always.



Before you were conceived, I wanted you.
Before you were born, I loved you.
When you were born, I saw your face and knew I was in love.
Before you were a minute old, I knew I would die for you.
To this day, I still would.

Happy Mother's Day!

ps - None of the photos are mine. The poem is not mine. It was all found online.
I put this together in a hurry, but I will gladly give credit. Just let me know.

pps - my nephew informs me that the penguin is the dad. Tough.

5 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Happy Mother's Day.

Sista G said...

Very nicely put together!

But...OMG, what kind of demonic-looking animal is that in the picture right before the cross-eyed opossom?

Kathy said...

It's a baby aye-aye. Truly ugly baby. See a video here:
http://www.livescience.com/common/media/video/player.php?videoRef=081030_ayeayebaby

and the Wiki entry of them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aye_aye

dle said...

I love it !! Thanks for putting it together...and the aye-aye a face only a Mother could love !!

Sista G said...

Aye-aye, Cap'n!!