Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ON THE ROAD AGAIN


A little over a year ago, I took a new job at the Home, part of my reinvention.
This position came with a lot of opportunities for travel throughout Virginia.
Oh my gosh, this was great - ROAD TRIP!!
Adding to that happiness, I can find sprinklings of family and friends to see all over the state. 

 This isn't Virginia, but it's a road.

I was happier than a puppy with two peters.
(obscure movie reference - who knows it?.............hint? Billy Crystal)

Got to see more of BS, BNs (beloved nieces), BBS (beloved big sister) & BC (beloved cousin).
I was content. Life was good again. Then the added bonus...

A mere weeks into the new job, M&M entered my life again after a hiatus of 38ish years.
After a few months, he was becoming indispensable.
And now, even though I still love the travel, I get lonely for him when I'm gone.
The upside is that, not only do I usually get to see beloved people when I'm away
(since I can often stay with them),
but I have a beloved person waiting for me when I come home.
Don't that make the homecoming sweet! Much better than coming home to an empty house.

The traveling will continue.
It's a good thing, though.
If he didn't get a break from me every once in awhile,
he would soon realize that I don't really have anything all that interesting to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl! I'm always having a good time when I'm on travel. Don't get to do it enough for my taste. Enjoy your trip. Be safe.
RAD